File A newly followed fad of 1888 was that when a woman counted the 100th tip of a hat from a man, a wedding wasnâ€™t far away. Local men could purchase their hats at Tompkins, as seen in this advertisement from May 31, 1888. The store was found in the Central Hotel block, where the 189 Main St. block is today.
- Local News -
- Developers make plans for four Southside projects A Buffalo Wild Wings is proposed to open this year on Oneonta's Southside, which also is the site of two other pending developments, the town supervisors said Monday.
- Police: Motoristfound dead
- Two face charges in no-knock heroin raid
- Oneonta police: 3 youths suspected of vandalism
- Assailant assaulted former girlfriend while their son, 7, watched, police say