File Oneonta's first talking movies began at the Oneonta Theatre on Wednesday, July 23, 1913, following some technical problems. A return engagement was in August, and this ad appeared in The Oneonta Star of Monday, Aug. 18. Thomas Edison's pictures were a short-lived technology, and the next talking movies arrived in Oneonta in May 1928.
- Local News -
- Developers make plans for four Southside projects A Buffalo Wild Wings is proposed to open this year on Oneonta's Southside, which also is the site of two other pending developments, the town supervisors said Monday.
- Police: Motoristfound dead
- Two face charges in no-knock heroin raid
- Oneonta police: 3 youths suspected of vandalism
- Assailant assaulted former girlfriend while their son, 7, watched, police say