Janice Rowe-Kurak, standing on the porch of a century-old family farmhouse looking off to a tribal cemetery near Perkins, Okla,, is chairman of the Iowa Tribe. She has no objections to TransCanada's pipeline plan, but says, "All we're asking for is respect, respect for us as a people."
- Local News -
- Developers make plans for four Southside projects A Buffalo Wild Wings is proposed to open this year on Oneonta's Southside, which also is the site of two other pending developments, the town supervisors said Monday.
- Police: Motoristfound dead
- Two face charges in no-knock heroin raid
- Oneonta police: 3 youths suspected of vandalism
- Assailant assaulted former girlfriend while their son, 7, watched, police say