For many tornado sirens are the first indication a serious storm is approaching, though technology is changing that. The National Weather Service, for example, can now send weather alerts directly to most new smartphones. Here, workers from the Oklahoma Electric Cooperative install a siren near a church in the small town of Norge in July 2010.
- Local News -
- Developers make plans for four Southside projects A Buffalo Wild Wings is proposed to open this year on Oneonta's Southside, which also is the site of two other pending developments, the town supervisors said Monday.
- Police: Motoristfound dead
- Two face charges in no-knock heroin raid
- Oneonta police: 3 youths suspected of vandalism
- Assailant assaulted former girlfriend while their son, 7, watched, police say