The Daily Star
---- — The West Kortright Centre in East Meredith will present its last event of the season at 3:30 p.m. Saturday. The Best of the Fest will showcase nine short- and feature-length winning films from the first Art+Soul of the Catskills Film Festival, which premiered in Delhi this summer. The films highlight established and aspiring local filmmakers.
The event will begin with a panel discussion exploring the topic “Filmmaking in the Catskills,” moderated by film reviewer Andrew O’Hehir of salon.com. The screenings will start at 4:15 and are expected to end around 9, after the last feature film. Several of the filmmakers will be on hand to discuss their work.
The movie schedule is as follows:
• First Place, Music Video category — “Song for Clementine” by Erica Hill with Two Dark Birds
• First Place, Vignettes — “Childhood” by Nick Noyes
• First Place, Short Documentaries — “Making the Shift to Community Connections” by The Arc of Delaware County, Catherine Tweedie, director
• Honorable Mention, Vignettes —“Robins, 4 Eggs, 4 Weeks” by Fred Margulies
• Second Place, Vignettes — “Fragmented” by Tess Mayer
• First Place, Short Narratives — “Mistakes Were Made” by Francesca Mirabella
• Second Place, Music Videos — “Meet Me at the Bottom” by Jennie Williams with John-Paul Silva
• Feature Narrative —“In Montauk” by Kim Cummings
• 1st Place, Documentary Features — “The Swell Season” by Carlo Mirabella, Chris Dapkins, Nick August-Perna
Admission is $7 and food and beverages will be available for purchase. The West Kortright Centre is located at 49 West Kortright Church Road in East Meredith. For travel directions, a detailed schedule of screenings, or other information, visit www.westkc.org or call 278-5454.