It then became a trust company under the New York State law and acquired its present name — State Bank of Albany.
The original bank was designed by Philip Hooker, famous Albany architect. In 1927 the present 16-story headquarters were constructed and the original façade, incorporated into the new building.
In 1933 the first branch office was opened and has now grown to include 24 offices spread throughout northeastern New York State. The statement of condition on June 30, 1963 totaled over $500,000,000.