- Emily Popek
- Facebook lets us manipulate ourselves So it turns out that Facebook has been messing with our heads.
- Toddlers and pets are about evenly matched Whoever said that having pets doesn't prepare you for having a kid is just plain wrong.
- Some driving mistakes are inexcusable I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a perfect driver.
- Kids who aren't allowed freedom will never learn I would guess that most people reading this column enjoyed a fair amount of freedom to play when they were kids. (Raise your hand if your parents used to chuck you out the door and tell you not to come home until dinnertime.)
- It isn't spring until baseball season starts Let me start by saying that I was not raised to be a sports fan.
- How I learned to stop worrying and be a mom Becoming a parent is, of course, a transformative experience. And some of it is predictable. There's the lack of sleep. There's the amount of time you spend dealing with bodily fluids. There are the constant, crazy demands ("No, Mama! Green socks! GREEN SOCKS!"). And there are the little, loving moments that make all the other stuff worthwhile.
- In defense of 'ladies wearing pretty dresses' In defense of 'ladies wearing pretty dresses'
- Creation debate brought back memories If I were still 16 years old, you better believe I would have tuned in to the recent debate between Bill "The Science Guy" Nye and creationist Ken Ham.
Picking your own music has its downside
As a kid, I was a big radio listener. We didn't have cable TV, the best way for me to keep up with new music was to plop down in my favorite chair on Sundays and listen to Casey Kasem's Top 40.
- I have to be crafty about my crafts If you ever want to get really depressed as a parent, just go onto Pinterest and search for "kid birthday ideas."
- More Emily Popek Headlines