- Emily Popek
There's no rest for the weary mom
I've been thinking a lot lately about sleep. The first reason for this is obvious: I'm not getting nearly enough of it.
- Growing up means letting go I saw an old love the other day, and it just about broke my heart.
- Balancing work, family is men's dilemma too In an era when dual incomes are increasingly a necessity, rather than a choice, it is ridiculous to keep pretending that "work-life balance" is a women's problem. It's not. It's a societal problem. And until we can view it as such, we don't stand a chance of addressing the symptoms of this problem.
- Editing the color out of my language Swearing has historically gotten a bad rap.
- Stepping on the flag, and other memories If we are to be defined all our lives by our high school mascots, then I suppose I am a Viking. But I'm also a Panther, having transferred schools after my freshman year.
- The winds of change are in this spring air Right now, there are spring flowers blooming outside the window of my childhood bedroom.
- Lessons learned, and ignored, from my mom and dad Sometimes I think I must be a terrible disappointment to my parents.
- Memories of an angry young man Since hearing about the latest school shooting, I've been thinking a lot about a guy I used to know. I'll call him "Sean."
A smartphone junkie's life is a daily struggle
Hi, my name is Emily Popek, and I’m addicted to my smartphone.
Finding my own reason for the season
The Christmas wars are raging unabated this year, as well-meaning Christians remind us that “Jesus is the reason for the season.”
- There's no rest for the weary mom