The Daily Star
---- — Flu vaccine statistics are misleading
Though the flu season is winding down, I think some comment on the effectiveness of the flu vaccine is in order.
According to the Center for Disease Control, the effectiveness of the flu vaccine is 60 percent.
However, the flu vaccine contains vaccines for only three viruses: influenza A, influenza B and seasonal influenza (or H1N1).
A recent report in The Lancet confirmed that these three viruses cause only 2.7 percent of all flu cases. Thus, the other 97.3 percent of flu cases are not caused by these viruses.
Therefore, what the flu vaccine is actually doing is preventing 60 percent of 2.7 percent of all flu cases. This will amount to 1.62 percent. The reception of this flu vaccine hardly seems worth the risk.
In addition, the flu vaccines contain mercury, a potent bio-toxin. They have caused deaths, auto-immune diseases, seizures and paralysis. Remember that more people died from the vaccine than from the swine flu in the early 1980s.
With the aforementioned in mind, I very much disagree with the mandate that health care facilities require influenza vaccination of health care personnel as a condition of employment.
Health care personnel have the same unalienable rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as any other citizen of this country.
Dr. Richard J. Ucci