The Daily Star
-- — Threats on Facebook involved Downsville Central School and Walton Central School today caused the districts to take precautions.
Parents of students at Downsville Central School received this message early this afternoon from school officials.
This is a message to indicate a report on FaceBook about a possible shooting at Downsville School, similar to other area school threats. We took this report seriously and immediately went into Lock Out and notified law enforcement. Due to the nature of the message, the State Police were called and the school district continues to exercise the greatest precaution. The situation is under control with State Police on site. We expect a regular time dismissal at this time.
No incidents occurred, and the students were dismissed at their regular time.
A Facebook threat received by a Walton Central School resident prompted the district to take precautions today that will continue to the end of the school year, Interim Superintendent George Mack said. The school day occurred without incident.
Walton was not specifically identified in the threat, but precautions were taken. A warning that something harmful to children would be placed into a backpack was sent to a Walton resident, Mack said.
The lockout at the elementary school that was in place during similar incidents that began last month will continue. The middle and high school were out because of Regents testing.
Because of the nature of this threat, students in grades K-12 were asked not to bring bags of any kind to school. Any bags necessary should be clear. All bags were searched and there was additional police presence that will continue until the end of the school year on Thursday, he said.
This and the earlier unsolved incidents are still under investigation by the Walton police, Mack said.