Crews will be working on water main and related improvements to Hillside Commons, which will result in some service disruptions in that area this and next week, a media release from the city of Oneonta said.
Hillside Commons is a 331-bed apartment complex for college students that is under construction on Blodgett Drive in the city of Oneonta.
Orchard Earth and Pipe, working on behalf of the private Newman Development Group, and the city issued a schedule for work starting Monday, May 5, and ending May 16.
Work includes installing hydrants, replacing water services and replacing water main connections at the intersections of Farone Drive, Carson Road, Brigham Road and College Park Drive. Each intersection connection will require a water shut-down until the connection is complete, the release said. The schedule and anticipated duration of project phases are:
• Monday: Farone Drive, connect new main to existing service, one day.
• Today: Installation of new hydrant.
• Wednesday: Water service installation, one day.
• Thursday: Carson Drive, connect new main to existing service, one day.
• Friday: Installation of hydrant.
• Monday, May 12: College Park, connect new main, one day.
• May 13: Water service installation, one day.
• May 14: Remove existing valve boxes.
• May 15 and 16: Restoration.
For more information, call Orchard Earth and Pipe officials Forrest Tarolli at (315) 488-4836 or Charlie Kemak, a field contact, at (315) 952-4508.