The Oneonta Common Council approved personnel actions and other business during a Tuesday night’s meeting at City Hall.
The council approved 2013 salaries for administrative personnel, elected and appointed officials. Most salaries reflect a 2½ percent increase, Mayor Dick Miller said. Part-time and recreation seasonal wage scales were set, and rates for some hourly workers were increased.
In other business, the council:
• Promoted Greg Mattice to senior engineering technician at a salary of $53,326, effective Jan. 1, and promoted Thomas Pondolfino to working supervisor in the Public Service Department at a salary of $34,171, plus a $1,000 stipend for a water license, effective Wednesday.
• Appointed Russell Johnson as a part-time firefighter at an hourly rate of $12.50, effective Wednesday.
• Appointed David Hyland to the Huntington Memorial Library Board of Trustees to a term ending Jan. 14, 2018.
• Adopted the Administrative Personnel Manual dated Dec. 18, 2012.
• City Manager Michael Long reported that negotiations have begun with CSEA.
• Awarded a bid for the Central Business District Streetlight Replacement project to A. Treffeisen & Sons of Oneonta at $210,644, plus an optional add $16,800.
• Approved measures to adjust parking restrictions and signage.