- Religion Column
Jewish children deserve a Jewish education
My mother wouldn't let me sit inside and watch TV when the sun was shining and the sky was blue. "But Ma," I'd protest, but to no avail. The TV went off, and out I went. But even as a child, I knew in my heart that my mother was right about this.
- Peace on Earth could be possible A friend of ours, when giving a message, will often stop and say, "So what? What does this have to do with me?"
The triumphant church in troubled times
"Thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ." (2 Corinthians 2:14 NIV).
- Resurrection! Christ is Risen!
What does election in Rome mean to world?
On Thursday at 2 p.m. Eastern time, a white-clad figure lifted off in a helicopter from a green pad in the smallest nation-state of the world. This lift-off was historic. The 265th successor of Peter left the office of Bishop of Rome, which carries with it the title of supreme pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church. Benedict XVI -- the enigmatic theologian pope -- became Pope Emeritus Benedict XIV. An era ended.
- Religion Column: God's Spirit testifies with our spirit The Bible says: "The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God." (Romans 8:16 New American Standard Bible)
- Religion column: Put away the baby pictures and use the Force Every winter, Christians pull out a dusty family album and turn to the baby pictures.
The beauty of decay is often overlooked
While raking leaves on a sprawling lawn in the hamlet of Treadwell last week, I had plenty of time to ponder decay.
- Sharing your personal testimony I speak here on the subject of Christians sharing their personal testimony.
- Contentment can be found if we focus on Jesus Are the concepts of contentment and satisfaction, ideas that deserve our attention today?
- More Religion Column Headlines
- Jewish children deserve a Jewish education