- Religion Column
Religion column: God lives the life of a thousand affirmations
Antony Flew, British professor of philosophy and religion, begins his 1968 essay, "Theology and Falsification," with a parable.
Keep your spiritual fervor serving the Lord
Romans 12:11 (NIV): "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."
- Christmas didn't end on December 26 On Dec. 26, just after the alarm went off around 6 a.m., I turned on the TV to catch the morning news. I happened to choose WBNG-Binghamton that morning.
Jewish children deserve a Jewish education
My mother wouldn't let me sit inside and watch TV when the sun was shining and the sky was blue. "But Ma," I'd protest, but to no avail. The TV went off, and out I went. But even as a child, I knew in my heart that my mother was right about this.
- Peace on Earth could be possible A friend of ours, when giving a message, will often stop and say, "So what? What does this have to do with me?"
The triumphant church in troubled times
"Thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ." (2 Corinthians 2:14 NIV).
- Resurrection! Christ is Risen!
What does election in Rome mean to world?
On Thursday at 2 p.m. Eastern time, a white-clad figure lifted off in a helicopter from a green pad in the smallest nation-state of the world. This lift-off was historic. The 265th successor of Peter left the office of Bishop of Rome, which carries with it the title of supreme pontiff of the Roman Catholic Church. Benedict XVI -- the enigmatic theologian pope -- became Pope Emeritus Benedict XIV. An era ended.
- Religion Column: God's Spirit testifies with our spirit The Bible says: "The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God." (Romans 8:16 New American Standard Bible)
- Religion column: Put away the baby pictures and use the Force Every winter, Christians pull out a dusty family album and turn to the baby pictures.
- More Religion Column Headlines
- Religion column: God lives the life of a thousand affirmations