The current agent, Ronald A. Kent, has been here since 1960.
The Rondout and Oswego R.R., founded in 1866, reached Shandaken in 1870, Roxbury in 1871, and Stamford in 1872, when the name was changed to the New York, Kingston and Syracuse Route.
It went into receivership in 1873 and was sold under foreclosure in 1875 to the Farmers Loan and Trust Co., then conveyed that same year to the newly formed Ulster and Delaware RR Co.
About 1900 the line was extended to Oneonta via Kortright Station, E. Meredith, Davenport Center, West Davenport, and at that time it was arranged to connect with the Delaware and Hudson RR at Oneonta, the first through route for passengers and freight.
It once served 5 counties with a combined population of 211,052 of which some 75,000 lived in towns directly served by the U&D. During this period it transferred to New York annually 1,000,000 cans of milk and delivered an average of 100,000 passengers, mostly summer trade to the Catskill Mountain resorts and hotels.
The current agent, Mr. Kent, is a 17-year veteran of Central service and has long-time recollections of the U&D on which his father, W.S. Kent, was trainmaster, coming to Oneonta about 1920.