What can be learned from the events in Ferguson?
“People seriously need to change. Acting in violence doesn’t end violence. It only makes things worse.”
– Deneen Costine, Oneonta, home health aide.
“You need to know the facts before you judge the situation. Jumping to conclusions isn’t going to solve anything.”
– Sarah Shaw, Walton, artist and custom jewelry maker.
“Violence only creates more hatred and bitterness.”
– Joan Assini, Gilboa, unemployed.
“I’m not sure how much has been learned. It seems like people are clinging to the same, old stereotypes.”
– Philip Shaw, Walton, self-employed.
“At first I was upset. But what the protesters are doing is not helping. Violence breeds more violence.”
– Anthony Gunther, Cooperstown, mobile home park worker.
“People are genuinely nuts and will take any excuse to raise hell.”
– Scott Keidong, Schoharie, graphic designer.