I read the other day that Valentine's Day is like the coconut of holidays: you either love it, or you hate it. So here are a couple of events to please both sides of the V-Day divide.
This Week's Circulars
BAINBRIDGE - Stephen C. Hunt, 67, Bainbridge, passed away on Monday, Jan. 13, 2020. Friends are invited to call from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19, at C.H. Landers Funeral Chapel, 21 Main St., Sidney. Condolences may be shared at www.landersfh.com.
ONEONTA - Marguerite G. Hughes, 85, passed away, Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020, at A.O. Fox Nursing Home in Oneonta. She was born on Nov. 10, 1934, in Worcester, the daughter of Edward and Gladys (Knapp) Hollenbeck. Marguerite married Carl Lyle Hughes on April 29, 1967, in Worcester. He predeceas…
OTEGO - John C. Goodrich, 69, died Sunday, Jan. 12, 2020, in Rome, New York. He was a 1968 graduate of Oneonta High School and went on to attend Oneonta State College. There will be no services.
- Local tattoo artist to open Main Street studio
- WWII-era film to shoot scenes in Oneonta
- Bail-law backers urge Democrats to ignore criticism
- Defendants offered pleas in Worcester murder trial
- In Your Opinion: Pastors wrong to teach homosexuality is OK
- Pedestrian struck Dec. 30, dies of injuries
- Audit: Ex-Cobleskill official dipped into village funds
- Oneonta man gets probation for Social Security fraud
- Delaware Academy hires interim super
- Bob Cairns: Delaware board faces a crisis of confidence
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
FLOODWOOD: “A picking party on steroids” is how guitarist and vocalist Al Schnier described the sound of Floodwood, a progressive string music supergroup coming to the Oneonta Theatre.
We here at the O-Town Scene love it when people send in details about interesting upcoming events. But we also love trawling Facebook (on company time! What a life) to find out about events we might not otherwise have discovered. You can follow us on Facebook to keep up with what’s going on;…
OK, so it's cold and miserable. Time to put on your big-girl pants and get out there and do something. Dance, sing, strut your stuff on stage! Show the world what you're made of! Don't let a little -40 wind chill stand in the way of these fine opportunities for self-expression:
It's all about the holidays (and let's be honest, we really mean Christmas) this week. So if you're feeling a little Grinchy and you want to be more Mary Lou Who, check out these holly jolly events: