With lush sounds and some of the smartest lyrics in recent memory, Father John Misty’s “I Love You, Honeybear” is an easy pick for this month’s New Music Notes.
This Week's Circulars
MILFORD - Arthur C. Strong, 91, died early Friday morning, Oct. 11, 2019, at his home. Arrangements are pending with the Connell, Dow & Deysenroth Funeral Home in Cooperstown.
LAURENS - Ernest and Virginia Scott's graveside service will be at 11 a.m., Oct. 16, 2019, Schenevus Cemetery. Arrangements by Lewis, Hurley & Pietrobono Funeral Home, Oneonta.
- Four arrested, charged with murder in Worcester death, fire
- Chobani haggles with town, school on taxes
- Proposal for Cooperstown eatery faces resistance
- State Police investigate fire, suspicious death in Worcester
- New eatery brings Asian flavors to SUNY Oneonta
- SUNY Oneonta faces criticism after reported threat
- Source reveals charges against county official
- Most N.Y. school board members back later start times
- Police Blotter: Oct. 8, 2019
- Local competitors dominate 26th Pit Run
Recently I was worried about the decline of the guitar-driven band, so I am happy that this month’s New Music Notes brings just such a find. The first album by the Welsh quartet, Catfish and the Bottlemen, titled “The Balcony” was released in this country in January. While the music has ech…
There was a time when contemporary music was populated by guitar driven bands. But in the previous year, the trend to a greater diversity became apparent to this avid listener.
With songs of love and the the loss of illusion, “Too Bright” could be the breakout album for Seattle native Mike Hadreas, aka Perfume Genius. The album demonstrates the songwriter’s successful exploration of a wider range of sounds than in his first two offerings.
A Sunny Day in Glasgow released its fourth album in June, “Sea When Absent.” The band has been categorized as dream pop, but the sound is unique. The six members of ASDiG weave a work of art that seems to increase in complexity with repeated listening. The words, mostly song by Annie Fredric…
When it comes to drive and intensity, it would be hard to find a band that outshines White Lung. The Vancouver punk band released its third album, “Deep Fantasy,” in June. The songs are dominated by the intense vocals of lead singer Mish Way, who sounds like she listened to a lot of early Ho…