With the arrival of fall, it’s easier to feel close to the ancient food traditions of our ancestors who preserved the harvest in preparation for winter.
This Week's Circulars
BAINBRIDGE - Stephen C. Hunt, 67, Bainbridge, passed away on Monday, Jan. 13, 2020. Friends are invited to call from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 19, at C.H. Landers Funeral Chapel, 21 Main St., Sidney. Condolences may be shared at www.landersfh.com.
ONEONTA - Marguerite G. Hughes, 85, passed away, Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020, at A.O. Fox Nursing Home in Oneonta. She was born on Nov. 10, 1934, in Worcester, the daughter of Edward and Gladys (Knapp) Hollenbeck. Marguerite married Carl Lyle Hughes on April 29, 1967, in Worcester. He predeceas…
OTEGO - John C. Goodrich, 69, died Sunday, Jan. 12, 2020, in Rome, New York. He was a 1968 graduate of Oneonta High School and went on to attend Oneonta State College. There will be no services.
- Local tattoo artist to open Main Street studio
- WWII-era film to shoot scenes in Oneonta
- Bail-law backers urge Democrats to ignore criticism
- Defendants offered pleas in Worcester murder trial
- Pedestrian struck Dec. 30, dies of injuries
- Oneonta man gets probation for Social Security fraud
- In Your Opinion: Pastors wrong to teach homosexuality is OK
- Delaware Academy hires interim super
- Bob Cairns: Delaware board faces a crisis of confidence
- Audit: Ex-Cobleskill official dipped into village funds
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Hot dogs and baseball are the quintessential American pairing -- and, as thousands of people prepare to attend this year’s Hall of Fame induction ceremony, my culinary mind turns not just to the hot dog, but more specifically to the accompaniment that truly completes it: sauerkraut.
With more vitamin C than an orange and more calcium than a glass of milk, there’s a reason kale is known as the “queen of greens.” But one of the very best things about kale is that it grows really well here in upstate New York. It is one of the rare vegetables that survives frost -- and even tastes sweeter afterwards.